5 Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
You may be asking yourself, “is it normal to have vaginal odor?” If you’re experiencing unfamiliar scents from your vagina, you’re not alone.
In fact, this is an ordinary situation for most women. Vaginas emit natural odors, but what exactly is the difference between a natural and abnormal smell?
In this article, we’ll discuss what a healthy vagina should smell like as well as the causes, symptoms, and treatments for vaginal odors.
How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor Naturally
We know it can be stressful to experience vaginal odor. Take a look at these natural, home remedies for vaginal odor.
5 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor
1. Practice good hygiene: clean the outside of your vagina regularly.
2. Avoid scented products: using scented soaps or feminine products often have chemicals that irritate the vagina’s PH which can cause a bad smell.
3. Wear cotton underwear: satin, silk and polyester panties can retain moisture, upsetting your natural bacteria levels and leading to foul odors.
4. Eat yogurt: the probiotics in yogurt will help balance your PH and prevent the overgrowth of harmful bacteria that cause odors.
5. Drink cranberry juice: the acidity and antioxidants in cranberries, as well as citrus fruits, can help reduce vaginal odor by discouraging bacterial growth.
Always consult with your healthcare provider if you think your vaginal scent or discharge is abnormal.
Why Does My Vagina Smell Bad? What Causes Of Vaginal Odor
Even when you take good care of your body and vagina, you may experience unusual smells on occasion. The good news is, healthy vaginas are supposed to smell.
The most common factors that contribute to vaginal odor are standard bodily functions like the following:
10 Natural Causes of Vaginal Odor
1. Lactic acid
5. Gland secretion
9. Hair growth
10. Menstrual cycle
Every vagina has a unique scent based on how your body operates.
Vaginal Discharge Color Chart | What Your Vaginal Discharge Color Says
Abnormal vaginal odor can leave you feeling uncomfortable, but it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Think about it, when have you ever noticed another female’s vaginal smell? Chances are, you haven’t.
Intensifying odor from your vagina can indicate infection or illness. The following chart from Multi-Gyn will help you determine the cause of your vaginal odor by outlining what the consistency and color of your discharge means.
Get The Relief You Need by Contacting OB-GYN Women’s Centre Today for Gynecological Service
Your vagina will always have a scent of its own. If that scent intensifies, it could be a sign of a serious problem, one that you may be unable to treat on your own. It’s best to see a doctor early before the problem grows worse.
At OB-GYN Women’s Centre of Lakewood Ranch, we are passionate about helping every woman. Whether you need advice or treatment.We’re here to help.
Please call us today or schedule an appointment online.