5 Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
Vaginal Odor: Causes, Home Remedies, When to see a Doctor
You may be asking yourself, “is it normal to have vaginal odor?” If you’re experiencing unfamiliar scents from your vagina, you’re not alone.
In fact, this is an ordinary situation for most women. Vaginas emit natural odors, but what exactly is the difference between a natural and abnormal smell?
In this article, we’ll discuss what a healthy vagina should smell like as well as the causes, symptoms, and treatments for vaginal odors.
What Causes Vaginal Odor | Why Does My Vagina Smell Bad?
Even when you take good care of your body and vagina, you may experience unusual smells on occasion. The good news is, healthy vaginas are supposed to smell.
The most common factors that contribute to vaginal odor are standard bodily functions like the following:
10 Natural Causes of Vaginal Odor
1. Lactic acid
5. Gland secretion
9. Hair growth
10. Menstrual cycle
Every vagina has a unique scent based on how your body operates.
5 Ways to Remove Vaginal Odor | How to Make Your Vagina Smell Good Home Remedies
1. Practice good hygiene: clean the outside of your vagina regularly.
2. Avoid scented products: using scented soaps or feminine products often have chemicals that irritate the vagina’s PH which can cause a bad smell.
3. Wear cotton underwear: satin, silk and polyester panties can retain moisture, upsetting your natural bacteria levels and leading to foul odors.
4. Eat yogurt: the probiotics in yogurt will help balance your PH and prevent the overgrowth of harmful bacteria that cause odors.
5. Drink cranberry juice: the acidity and antioxidants in cranberries, as well as citrus fruits, can help reduce vaginal odor by discouraging bacterial growth.
Always consult with your healthcare provider if you think your vaginal scent or discharge is abnormal.
When to See a Doctor About Vaginal Odor
Your vagina will always have a scent of its own. If that scent intensifies, it could be a sign of a serious problem, one that you may be unable to treat on your own. It’s best to see a doctor early before the problem grows worse.
Contact OB-GYN Women’s Centre Today for Gynecological Treatment and Care
At OB-GYN Women’s Centre of Lakewood Ranch, we are passionate about helping every woman. Whether you need advice or treatment.We’re here to help.
Please call us today or schedule an appointment online.