Menstrual cramps are arguably the worst part about getting a period each month, but fortunately, there are ways you can deal with the pain. Check out these six interesting links about menstrual cramps from around the web.
1. Dysmenorrhea is the medical term for menstrual cramps.
2. Did you love coffee? Caffeine could actually be making your menstrual cramps worse. During your period, swap coffee and other caffeinated beverages for water and herbal tea.
3. How do you ease your menstrual cramps? Here are six ways you can reduce cramping the natural way.
4. Did you know? At one point in history, women who complained of menstrual cramps were sent to a psychiatrist. Plus, 67 other random facts about periods.
5. Get moving! Exercising is one of the best ways to relieve pain period cramps.
In case you missed it: Natural Remedies for PMS Symptoms.
Period cramps shouldn’t interfere with your life. If you’re experiencing painful cramps every month, talk to your OB-GYN. At the OB-GYN Women’s Centre of Lakewood Ranch, we provide comprehensive and compassionate care for women and will help alleviate or lessen your symptoms. Contact us today to learn more, or schedule an appointment online.