What Your OB-GYN Wishes You Knew
Going to the gynecologist can be awkward, intimidating, and embarrassing, but trust us, on our end we want nothing but to hear everything from you. As your leading reproductive health doctors, we want every detail you can provide us. For anyone whose stomach flops as soon as they sit down in the doctor’s office, there are some things we want you to know.
1. Know what may put you at risk for Yeast Infections.
- If you are on antibiotics, medication can affect your bacterial balance and may increase your risk of getting a yeast infection.
- If you’re pregnant or about to be on your period, your hormones are changing. Hormonal changes can also put you at risk for a yeast infection.
- Working out frequently and keeping your damp clothes on can also increase your chances of developing a yeast infection.
So, be aware if you’re on antibiotics, have hormonal changes, or stay in damp clothes, you may get a yeast infection.
2. Ask us everything.
We want the nitty gritty details of your life. We want to know all of your questions and concerns. We can help you if something is hurting, if you’re curious about your body, if your nipples are itchy or tender or if something just seems… off.
3. Don’t hesitate to give us the details.
Is sex hurting? Is any part of your body in pain? Do you want to start or switch birth control, or are you happy with your current form of contraception? We have a world of information for all of your questions. We want to make sure you are happy and healthy throughout every stage of your life. Don’t hesitate to open up to us. We are great listeners and are passionate about providing you with the best care possible.
4. We really do miss your face and want to see you at least once a year.
Every woman should be going to the doctor for an annual Well Woman Exam. Even if you don’t need a pap test, it’s beneficial to talk about healthy habits.
5. It never hurts to get tested.
As STIs are increasing in people under the age of 25, it never hurts to get tested. If you’ve had unprotected sex, we recommend getting tested regardless if you show symptoms or not. It never hurts to be more informed.
Call OB-GYN Women’s Centre of Lakewood Ranch
We pride ourselves on being open, honest, and great listeners. We understand life can be beautiful and stressful all at once. We are passionate about providing care to any woman in any stage of their life. Call us today to schedule an appointment. We can’t wait to see you.